When looking to build up my library of Insta-ready photos, I headed to Google and queried: “top photography locations in Vancouver.” I threw in a handful of variations on that theme and still couldn’t find what I was looking for: a list of colourful walls, interesting architecture and artful murals. Real life objects designed as the perfect backdrop for that day’s purse, flowers, coffee, outfit, pensive face. So with the help of a few friends, I made one. Here are the best Vancouver photography spots for taking styled blog and Instagram photos.
- 323 Semlin Dr. Purple wall next to Pallet Coffee.
- 1618 E Hastings. Back of the building in the alley between Commercial Dr. and Woodland Dr. Mural.
- 1033 Venables St. Pink walls.
- 1209 Adanac St. Corner of Adanac St. and Vernon Dr. Mural.
- 745 Vernon Dr. Corner of Vernon Dr. and Union St. Mural.
- Trillium Park. Green and red multi-colour walls.
- 1360 Johnston St. Opus Art Supplies. Yellow and blue building.
- 1243 Cartwright St. Teal building.
- 1399 Railspur Alley. Light green building.
- 1318 Cartwright St. Red and blue buildings.
- 1286 Cartwright St. Mint building.
- 1695 Nanaimo St. Pixel mural.
- 3399 Cambie St. Colourful striped wall on the side of JJ Bean.
- 97 E 2nd Ave. Steel Toad Brewery. Rusty red building.
- 85 W 1st Ave. CRAFT Beer Market. Red building.
- 2150 Fir St. Beaucoup Bakery. Red + white mural.
- 421 Industrial Ave. Purple building.
- 524 Shanghai Alley. Teal building.
- 151 W Cordova. Yellow wall outside parking garage.
- 180 W Cordova. Purple wall and street art.
- 225 Trounce Alley. Red wall.
All the spots are plotted on the map below. Have a favourite spot that’s not on the list? Let us know! Locations in Burnaby, Coquitlam or New West are welcome too.
Special thanks to the women of Girl Gang for all their suggestions.